jueves, 2 de mayo de 2019

My dream job

As a child I wanted to be a soccer player. In those years, my father always invite me to the stadium to see Rangers of Talca. Also I watched the "Supercampeones" and the Premier League. I was fan of Arsenal where Thierry Henry played and my father was fan of Manchester United. I really liked soccer and my father enrolled me in a soccer school, and I also played in my neighborhood and at school. I was always playing soccer.
Years later, when I was in the high school, my interest in playing soccer was declining due to the pressure of my parents to study a university career. I did not know what to study and my tastes changed radically. If as a child I liked mathematics and astronomy, at 17 years old I was no longer interested in mathematics or science because of academic frustrations. So, I started remembering the things I was good at as a child. And what triggered my decision to study was I remembered a homework in elementary school I had to write a news and I really liked it and I did it very well.
In the university, I realized that I am very good at writing news, but I'm not good at interviewing or going out looking for the news because of my shyness. The practice helped me to work on that problem, but I still need more work to overcome it.
If I could choose a different career now, I would like to go back in time and not stop practicing soccer, train to be better and better, and who knows? maybe play for Rangers of Talca or Arsenal of England.

1 comentario:

La Arenga del Abuelo

For sports journalists and the people that enjoy the sports and soccer, a very good site to visit is 'La Arenga del Abuelo'. Althoug...